On Our Next Show - Image Caribbean
Show Airs On WOKB 1680 AM
Saturdays at 6 P.M. EST
Caribbean News Headlines
- Exclusive: India pares back planned funding for crucial public health scheme November 23, 2017NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India has approved a three-year budget for its flagship public health program almost 20 percent lower than what the health ministry said was needed, according to sources and previously unreported government documents reviewed by Reuters.
- China's internet regulator denounces its former chief now under investigation November 23, 2017BEIJING (Reuters) - China's internet regulator had said it will purge the "evil influence" of its former top official who the ruling Communist Party has put under investigation for suspected corruption.
- Australia urges strong, sustained U.S. engagement in Asia, warns on China November 23, 2017SYDNEY (Reuters) - Australia called on Thursday on the United States to build a strong presence in Asia and bolster ties with "like-minded" partners while warning against China's rising influence.
- Cuba, North Korea reject 'unilateral and arbitrary' U.S. demands November 23, 2017HAVANA (Reuters) - Cuba said its foreign minister met with his North Korean counterpart in Havana on Wednesday and both rejected the United States' "unilateral and arbitrary" demands while expressing concern about escalating tensions on the Korean peninsula.
- China must enhance protection of intellectual property rights: Premier Li November 23, 2017SHANGHAI (Reuters) - It is strategically important for China's economy that the country enhances protection of intellectual property rights, the state news agency Xinhua quoted Premier Li Keqiang as saying, as the cabinet promised to improve regulations.
- Waiting for May, Brussels eyes December Brexit deal November 23, 2017BRUSSELS (Reuters) - When Theresa May visits Brussels on Friday, EU negotiators will be listening intently for signs the British prime minister is preparing to risk a domestic backlash and raise her offer to secure a Brexit deal in December.
- "The people have spoken," says Zimbabwe's new leader November 22, 2017HARARE (Reuters) - Zimbabwe's new leader Emmerson Mnangagwa told a cheering crowd in Harare on Wednesday that the country was entering a new stage of democracy following Robert Mugabe's removal as president after nearly four decades in power.
- Ex-Bosnian Serb commander Mladic convicted of genocide, gets life in prison November 22, 2017THE HAGUE (Reuters) - A U.N. tribunal on Wednesday convicted ex-Bosnian Serb military commander Ratko Mladic of genocide and crimes against humanity for massacres of Bosnian Muslims and ethnic cleansing campaigns to forge a "Greater Serbia", and jailed him for life.
- U.S. Navy plane crashes in Philippine Sea, three missing November 22, 2017TOKYO (Reuters) - A U.S. Navy transport plane carrying 11 people crashed in the Philippine Sea south of Japan on Wednesday as it flew to the aircraft carrier Ronald Reagan and three people were missing, in the latest Navy accident in the region.
- Putin wins backing from Iran, Turkey for new Syria peace push November 22, 2017SOCHI, Russia/RIYADH (Reuters) - Russia's Vladimir Putin won the backing of Turkey and Iran on Wednesday to host a Syrian peace congress, taking the central role in a major diplomatic push to finally end a civil war all but won by Moscow's ally, President Bashar al-Assad.